Sunday, October 17, 2010

what to do now

    I just watched another piece on TV about "foreclosuregate" and don't know how to protect my assets if/when this becomes a crisis.  Are we really heading for a collapse?  Are the banks insolvent?  Is the dollar doomed? 
     Jim Cramer says diversify, but what good is that if the stock market crashes and takes all sectors with it. I feel deep down that gold, silver and energy will fair well over the long term, but maybe a correction is over-due now, and all will be cheaper in the weeks ahead. 
      I know I'm a greedy old bastard, but I started driving a truck 39 years ago for 2 dollars per hour. I've saved every payday , and now or soon, those saved dollars may turn into dimes in terms of purchasing power. I must admit I was scared into saving. In 1980 I got laid off and although it only lasted 2 weeks, I thought I'd be poor again.  My grandmother  gave me a book she read called Crisis Investing by Douglas Casey.  He presented a senario of a "Greater Depression" in our future. It scared the shit out of me!
    I hope there are readers who can contribute to this blog with ideas to help all of us survive the financial mess I believe is ahead of us. More later

No comments:

Post a Comment